Thursday, September 4, 2008

and it all begins....


Last year of college, I rarely cooked in the kitchen anymore. This was really out of character for me since I normally love spending hours in the kitchen. During the summer, I vowed to make some changes this new year of college including cooking all my meals at home instead of eating out. Not only will I be saving money, I can rediscover my deep love of cooking.

I'd love to get any feedback or comments ~ I'm not new to blogging but I am rather new to blogging about food.

Today for lunch I made

Peppered Roast Beef with a Mustard Mushroom Sauce

Ingredients
2lb Beef Eye Round Roast
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tsp Ground Black Pepper

Sauce
1/2 yellow onion, sliced into strips
1 cup beef stock
1/4 cup water
1 tsp Worchestershire sauce
1/4 tsp fresh or dried thyme
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard

(1.) Pre-heat oven to 325oF
(2.) Mix together mustard and pepper. Rub the mixture over roast
(3.) Place roast in a oven-safe roasting pan. Bake uncovered for 1hr45 minutes to get a light pink center
(4.) Take roast out of oven and let stand for 15 minutes prior to serving/carving

(5.) In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients under sauce except milk, flour and mustard. Bring contents to a boil then lower heat and allow to simmer
(6.) Combine milk, mustard and flour in a small bowl. Gradually pour in mixture into simmering sauce and stir
(7.) Carve roast and serve with sauce


Broccoli Orzo Pilaf


For dinner I made..


Aloo Gobi (Indian Potato and Cauliflower Curry) & Grilled Tilapia

No comments: